More Info You’ll find this dish in many Italian restaurants. It literally takes 5 minutes to make this dish. This is one of my favorite quick, go-to side dishes.
- 1 head of escarole washed well and chopped in large pieces. Do not dry the escarole.
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 can of white beans drained (cannellini, northern, butter beans)
- Salt and pepper
- Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil to a large heated skillet on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for about 40 seconds. Do not overcook or burn
- Add all of the escarole and toss with the garlic. Place a lid on the
- Steam the escarole until it is wilted. (approximately 1-2 minutes)
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and toss with salt and pepper.