- 1 lb. lean ground meat
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 hot pepper chopped (optional)
- 3 cups finely diced zucchini
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes chopped or 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups packed chopped spinach, Swiss chard, or kale
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp., salt plus 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Oil enough to coat skillet
1. Coat a large skillet with oil, place on medium to high heat.
2. Add ground meat. Salt with 1 tsp. of salt. Cook until all the meat is no longer pink. Push meat to one side of the skillet.
3. Add the onions and peppers. Sprinkle with ½ tsp. of salt. Sauté until the onions and peppers are thoroughly wilted.
4. Mix the meat with the onions and peppers. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are browned.
5. Add the spinach (or Swiss chard or kale) and tomatoes and ½ tsp. salt. Stir until spinach wilts.
6. While the meat is cooking, coat a separate skillet with oil and add zucchini on medium heat. Sauté the zucchini until it is browned. Add the remaining ½ tsp. salt.
7. Add the garlic and toss.
8. Toss the zucchini in with the meat mixture.