- 3 cups cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 1 cup macaroni noodles (gluten free)
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar
- ½ cup reduced fat mild cheddar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 cup low fat 2% milk
- 4 Tbs. starchy water (saved from the cooked noodles)
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil. Add the macaroni and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes. Drain the macaroni noodles.
- Reserve 4 Tbsp. of the starchy water from the cooked noodles. Set aside.
- While the macaroni is cooking, in separate pot over medium heat add one inch of water. Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook until the vegetables are al dente. Toss with noodles. Set aside to cool.
- Using the same pot that you used for cooking the macaroni (make sure it has cooled), add the rest of the ingredients except the eggs. Stir sauce over medium heat until thickened.
- Mix the noodles and vegetables with the cheese sauce.
- Gently stir in the beaten eggs.
- Spoon ingredients into paper baking cups using a 12 section cupcake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown on top.
You’ll love this low calorie version of mac and cheese. It has the same great taste without adding to your waist! The only thing missing is the extra calories.