- 1½ lbs. lean ground meat (or ground turkey)
- 1 large onion roughly cut
- 4-5 peppers (you can use a variety)
- 4-6 cups cubed zucchini
- 2 fresh large tomatoes chopped (or 1 small can diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Olive oil to coat pan
- Shredded parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add ground meat and 1 tsp. of salt. Cook the meat until it is not pink and push to one side of pan.
2. Add the onion on the other side of the pan and cook for 3 minutes until it is translucent. Sprinkle with ½ tsp. salt (you may need to add more olive oil to the pan before adding each new ingredient).
3. Mix onions with ground meat and push to one side.
4. Add peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Mix with ground meat and onions, and push to one side.
5. Add zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add ½ tsp. of salt to the zucchini. Toss together with all the ingredients in the pan.
6. Add tomatoes, pepper, and garlic. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Top with shredded parmesan cheese (optional).