- 1 Quart organic chicken stock
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 celery ribs finely sliced
- 2 cups chopped packed kale (remove stems)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cans of chick peas (rinsed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 thyme springs or ½ tsp. thyme
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Oil to coat the pot
1. Place large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom. Add the onions, and celery.
2. When onions and celery become translucent, add salt and garlic. Sauté an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook an additional 10 minutes.
4. Remove Bay leaf before serving.